Flash Required to view this area.

4.12.2009

easter.

i love springtime. it is a season of refreshment and rebirth. of green hillsides and purple flowers. and easter. it epitomizes spring, and for me, is one of the most profound & important holidays of the year. it is a day the reminds me of the power of the gospel and the incredible sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. it is a day when i sing "amazing love how can it be. that you my king would die for me?" and am in awe of who He is. Easter is a day that encourages my faith.

and it affords a good reason to gather together with family to break bread. and that is what i did today. i worshipped. i ate. i played and frolicked with my lydia and my sister's new puppy, tenaya. and i even made a very pun-ny joke. (my friend emily crawford is quite witty and comes up with the best puns every time we hang out. she has me in stitches all the time). what a great day indeed.

and since everyday (and every post) is made better with photos, here are a few shots from the festivities today. yup, we shipley's eat well especially when my auntie cooks. i am so blessed. and grateful for my family. (you'll also notice that i have no pics of my family. fail. i guess i was food kind of photo-mood today. haha!)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...now THAT is the kind of bacon that I LOVE!!! Nice and crispy....and LOTS!! :)

Curtis Copeland said...

Congratulations on your new site. Excellent work. Your pictures are outstanding. Also, thanks for sharing your faith. Too often we see people push their beliefs aside to be more "palatable" and politically correct. Thanks for taking the courage to share who Christ is in your life!
Be blessed,
Curtis
P.S. The photos of the food made me hungry!

Curtis Copeland said...

Congratulations on your new site. Excellent work. Your pictures are outstanding. Also, thanks for sharing your faith. Too often we see people push their beliefs aside to be more "palatable" and politically correct. Thanks for taking the courage to share who Christ is in your life!
Be blessed,
Curtis
P.S. The photos of the food made me hungry!

Jen May said...

yum! what lens do you use for these detail shots?