Flash Required to view this area.

4.24.2009

beth + matt: their story.


beth was one of my first friends at westmont. and for that i am grateful. she is a brilliant actress and loyal friend. she is wonderful i tell you. and through her, i meet her now fiance matt, who is simply awesome. and now, i get to photograph their wedding and tell their story. how cool is that?

Matt’s Version: When I lived in Clark (a res hall at Westmont), I had a table that I always studied at in the A Lounge. One afternoon I went in there to study. Sitting at one of the couches by my study table was Beth. So I took my seat at my table, got out my books, and began to immerse myself in them. Suddenly, a soft voice asked me “what are you reading” and everything from that moment on is history. The day was Feb 9, 2005 at about 4:00 in the afternoon. See below for the wrong version.

Beth’s Version: One sunny afternoon during my freshman year, I decided to get out of my dorm and study in a new environment. I passed by the Clark A Lounge and thought that it might be a nice place to study, especially since it was empty and I really wanted to sit on a couch. So I read for about 15-20 minutes when suddenly a boy came in the lounge, and instead of sitting at any of the empty table or couches across the room (like a normal person would do) he sat down at the table right next to me. I thought it was so bizarre that a person would sit so close and not say anything, so I felt compelled to say hello. Then a great conversation turned into a great friendship.

when i read both versions of the story of their meeting side by side, i chuckled. it was perfect and fitting that they would have different versions. so typical of these two. two sides to a quite simple yet remarkable love story, each one steeped with genuine love and adoration. each one showing a bit of who they are as individuals and as a couple. i love it.

now, finally i got a chance to post their engagement shoot photos. i have been itching to do so for weeks. check it: beth & matt: their story. for a complete slideshow, click here.
(this is the first of many slideshows to feature the soulful sounds of my new friend tiffany thompson. the uber-talented singer-songwriter from chicago, has allowed me to use her songs for my site and slideshows. check out her site here).






6 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I miss those kids...

Nicole Monique Photography said...

Fabulous! Their personalities really shine through the photographs. Love the set on the stairs, Beth just looks so sassy!

Anonymous said...

You kick @ss.

Anonymous said...

You kick @ss.

Jen May said...

Fun, what field is that at?

Anonymous said...

Jeff, those night shots are unreal!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!! You rock my world:)