Flash Required to view this area.

12.07.2009

miscellaneous monday. be inspired & go forth.

as an artist, i am often in need of some inspiration from worlds beyond photography. i quite enjoy surrounding myself with good design, architecture, food, film, and the like. it inspires me, revives me and compels me to think beyond myself, beyond my world, beyond my craft and to push the proverbial envelope. such wanderings invite unique possibilities for new-ness, for an epic fusion of art forms, or perhaps for some a sort of profound (or small) revelation about what art is and what is does for our world. if i stay in my comfy photo-bubble, i get all sorts of boring, typical and cliche. i don't push myself. and i miss out on an opportunity to create something fresh and to experience something new and different.

so to keep alert and inspired, i made notcot my homepage. a daily perusal of all sorts of aesthetically delightful stuffs is bound to give me a little creative boost. i am just sayin'. so i invite you to join in the artistic wanderings in both your physical and cyber worlds and force yourself out of your proverbial creative bubbles.

alas, here is a nugget i came across recently...

the levi's go forth campaign is sheer genius. it has been beautifully executed and gets at something profoundly American. one of the many short films created as part of the campaign and truly one most brilliant pieces of film i've seen in a while was created by the duckduck collective is truly awe-inspiring. the crew over there is certainly a force to be reckoned with. and there is lots we can learn from this campaign that is for sure. you can watch it below (be sure to watch it full screen to view it in all its glory), and then let me know what you think about it.

Short Film - Levi's "Go Forth" from John Carl on Vimeo.

anyone have any goodies they have come across recently that inspired them? please share.

2 comments:

Tim Halberg said...

not nearly as deep... but it's one freaking take and just beautiful (but then again... I'm all about simple....) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI

acquireworth said...

I have a few places I go to help me be inspired. Daily Poetics and The Cool Hunter are always good stand by's. They have a little of everything.

http://dailypoetics.typepad.com/

http://www.thecoolhunter.net/

- Magda