Flash Required to view this area.

12.20.2009

as you wish.


she always makes a compelling case. one that i can't refuse. she has the way with me. the colorful descriptions, the plea, the irresitable delivery...i can't say no. and of course, she's always right, and i am always grateful i listen to her advice or let her drag me out of the house. she is non other than sara truppo. and some way, some how, the monthly outing to california pizza kitchen results in our sharing what she wants: the chopped bbq salad and tostada pizza. i learned early on not to argue. but to simply say, "yes sara. of course. as you wish."

so today despite the fact that i was due for my nap when she called, i said "as you wish. i will go on an adventure with you." she was on the prowl for native santa barbara plants for her eco- friendly christmas ornament collection and invited--no, suckered--me into going. and of course, i never regret it. i suggested we venture out to the butterfly reserve and forage through the coastal plain and eucalyptus grove. of course, the butterfly preserve is one of my favorite places in the world, so i always find some way to weasel-in my own schemes. we have such a healthy friendship. haha.

so, as she combed the reserve for flora, i wandered around with my camera. my battery was about to die so i knew i had to be choosy in my shots and save as much of the energy as i could. this was actually quite fun. and it challenged me. so here's what i came up with during my wanderings.





No comments: