Flash Required to view this area.

10.18.2009

the banta family farm.

so, i am finally catching up on my bloggin'. it has been far too long since i have given my blog love. geesh. sorry about that my faithful readers. so my next post here was from my sister's birthday weekend a little over a month ago.

so, i took a few days off to head home to hang out with Sister and celebrate her 25th birthday. and we had quite a good time i must say. she asked if i would take a few photos of her, e-hem, farm. haha. i call it the banta family farm. they grow delicious things you can eat, raise chickens, and even have a hound-dog to keep watch (problem is that she is just too darn cute). oh, and they have two pet bunnies to boot. i am quite fond of it all. well save for the actual chickens themselves. they are stinky and rude. they attacked me when my sister forced me into their coop to photograph them. i may or may not have squealed like a small child. it happens. they are vicious pecking creatures i tell you.


after my brush with death, we toured the plot of land where the various award-winning (best of show mind you) veggies are grown...








then we picked apricots for the jam we had to make and can.


oh and we even went over to the corn field via Sister's purple golf cart. oh yes. that's how she gets around the farm. haha.


she tried to fight me with her little camera. oh please. i took her down. teach her to have a shoot-out with the likes of me. sucka.


finally, we started on the bold endeavor of creating her award-winning tri-county fair cupcake entry: shark attack. it is tough work on the farm. i quit on my first day soon after the twinkie sharks kept falling over. well that and after i had eaten so many of the decorative candies that i felt ill. it's exhausting i tell you. i was not much help. it was all my sister. although, i can say i did save the life-preserver cupcake from utter failure when i carved a hole in the hole-less doughnut. it resulted in life-preserver perfection if i don't say so myself. i am talented like that.


and of course, i had to get a shot of my sweet lil' tenya. ain't she adorable? okay so, you can achieve this look by going up to her kennel and saying "oh poor tenaya. poor tenayaaaaa." then she gets all moppy and gives you that classic puppy-dawg look. haha. it's hilarious.

1 comment:

Laney Landry said...

OMG, your photography is beautiful. Who would have thought a chicken or a gooseberry could be so pretty. I was attacked by a chicken once when I tried to steal an egg from under her. Of course I was told to go ahead, "she won't touch you." Right. Anyway, great work, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to put my camera back to work.