Flash Required to view this area.

7.20.2009

julia + jon: their wedding.

pasadena. july eighteen: it was a hot day in the quintessential southern california town of pasadena. as i trotted around the blocks surrounding the University Club on the prowl for epic photo locations, i thought perhaps i would simply melt into a puddle before i even made it to the actual wedding. but i scoped out the lay of the land nonetheless. pasadena is a groovy lil city. i very much enjoyed that. it is always a good feeling to be overwhelmed with ideas, rather than having to dig something up from within the inner recesses of my brain. and while time (and temperature) did not allow for us to venture to all my scouted locations, the beautiful fuller seminary campus provided a perfect, close-by space for the majority julia + jon's wedding photos. we prevailed through the scorching heat and captured all that was their wedding. throughout the few hours i spent with jon and julia, one of the things i came to love most about them is there sweet-ness toward each other. there is something so simple and pure and tender about their love and their relationship. yet, it is boldly evident. they have romance to be sure. and that my friends makes for some purdy photos. let me tell you. you can see it in their engagement photos and in their wedding day images too. so cool. and what a beautiful wedding it was...

click here. for a slideshow or a few of my favorites.

i love this photo of julia and her dad just before jon saw his bride...
amy (julia's sister and maid of honor) has the studliest little boy. he is eight. just before the ceremony started, i was perched at the front all sorts of ready to go, when he came trotting down the aisle, grabbed my hand and dragged me down the aisle. he was simply alertting me of the following photo op. i want him to be my permanent assistant.
gorgeous bouquet, eh?
we all loved the modern architecture of the fuller seminary library. and of course the terrace. mmm.


the beautiful bride.



6 comments:

Kim Kalyn said...

How am I the first to comment on these gorgeous photos ?! The first one is my fave ... I just adore everything about it ! Awesome as always :)

Derek Lapsley said...

ohhh... i like!! the bridal party shot is sweeet!

Unknown said...

I love the one of all the girls looking down at you. So cute! But, truly - all of them - just fabulous. Like always.

Nicole Monique said...

Love the image of the groomsmen against the red brick! Its gritty and fresh yet screams rockstar status! Where do you find these gorgeous brides with such vintage classic style lucky lucky! I am not a super cute ringbearer but I volunteer to be your permanent assistant ;-)

pamela telgenhoff said...

Love your work and the video on your website rocks!!!

Jen May said...

those building shots are becoming apart of your signature look. nice job!