Flash Required to view this area.

12.24.2008

sugar cookies.

my mama's sugar cookies are like no other. perfectly sweet and delicious. they are so worthy of consumption that she makes them two or three times a year: valentine's day (hearts of course. but really big ones. the size of a dinner plate), thanksgiving (leaves) and christmas (snowmen, christmas tress, candy cane, etc). mmm-hmm. i love them. and my mama's peanut butter bars, muddy buddy mix, and everything bars. some other holiday favorites: granma shipley's peanut brittle. auntie rhonda's fudge (no nuts). grandma bonnie's english toffee. and sister's "poopalitos" (coco puff and chocolate thingers). while various friends bring plates of goodies, to be honest, nothing really compares to the artistry of the shipley, banta, and flory women. nope. sorry folks.

the catch with the sugar cookies is that my sister and i have to frost them. and since my sister did that thing where she moved out and got married, it is all on me. so i coerced my Cuz to help me out this time around. ma was jealous and had to join in the fun. and then of course, ma assaulted me with frosting again whilst i was taking photos of the festivities. rude. and then the three of us got into a wild frosting war. i won. as always. hehe. and i managed to get some action shots of the war.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeffrey, I believe you began the frosting war while the mom was washing the dishes. You came in from behind and smeared her face with frosting. While holding your camera she retaliated. Then all 3 were involved, laughing the entire time. Love ya, ma