Flash Required to view this area.

12.31.2008

friends.

seriously? how is it possible that i could have such incredible people in my life? i am so blessed. i just spent the past few days with my friends Stephanie & Doug and as I was driving home last night after a late night of playing Catan, I found myself reflecting on the profound power of family and friendship. i met Stephanie & Doug five or so years ago through the USC Campus Crusades group that used to come up to our church for their winter retreat and we have kept in touch over the years. Stephanie's family comes up to Mammoth every year for a ski/snowboard trip and this year i got to hang out with them and meet her fantastic family. I was so blessed by the moments I got to spend with them and delighted to have gotten to know such an awesome clan. i was encouraged by the unity, love, hope, and joy that radiated from them. and i found myself feeling as though they were family to me although our time together had been so short. so i got to thinking about why i felt that way. and i realized it is because of two things. one: they are inviting, welcoming and warm people that make you feel loved and valued right when you meet them. two: they ARE family in a Biblical sense. we are united together through the bonds of Christ. and we are called into relationship with each other. this is a profound aspect of kingdom dynamics that has left me with this overwhelming sense of belonging.

needless to say, i had a blast in the last few days and am so grateful for Stephanie & Doug, and the Beylik family :). and i love when friends come and play with me in the Eastern Sierra.

p.s. i reluctantly did not take a single photo of us. oh the shame. i must have been to busy playing. but seriously, what was i thinkin'?

No comments: