Flash Required to view this area.

10.04.2005

Home for the Weekend!

So last weekend I got to go home for my dear friends Matt and Abby's wedding! It was such a pleasure to be home and a blessing to be able to see them get married. Well, it turns out that I was not going to be able to make it home for the wedding originally, but in a last minute decision to get home, I re-scheduled my test, tied up loose ends with my ministry, booked a train ticket south, found a ride up north, and made it home early Friday morning at 2:30am. Whew! what a trip! I spent friday at home with my mom. We just hung out around the house, I took some pics of my dogs, and then the whole fam went to the big football game at my alma mater, Mammoth High School. It was great to see all my buddies from high school who were home for weekend as well despite the fact that our team was terrible (ouch!).

Saturday was the big day! The wedding was absolutely beautiful. So here's the thing, Abby thought that I was not coming and was super bummed about it...but much to her surprise I showed up. The story: she did not see me at the ceremony (whew), so when she arrived at the reception, Sister sneaked into the house where she and her hubby were waiting to come out, had her close her eyes and wait, and then came and got me. I grabbed Abby's hands and said "Hey Abby!" She opened her eyes and her face just lit up! She gave me a big hug as tears were streaming down her face. She was so blessed that I had made the effort to come to her wedding. That moment is a moment that I will never forget!

I learned something that weekend at home...that no matter what is going on in my life and how little time I have, I need make the effort to be there for my friends when they need me. Just by showing up, you can make someone's day. Bless and be blessed!



On Sunday, I took some pics of my Sis, and then I was able to go to my home church service before driving back down to Santa Barbara in time for volleyball practice and a ministry leader meeting.

No comments: