Flash Required to view this area.

10.10.2005

Fall Break

After six weeks of a seemingly never-ending torrent of reading assignments, tests, meetings, and lectures, my fall four-day weekend finally came. And, despite opportunities to embark on unknown adventures around california with friends, staying in beautiful Santa Barbara seemed to be a more pleasing and viable option. The thought of a quiet campus, a full night's rest, free time, fall weather, the beach, and time to digest what has happened in the last two months of my life, proved to be enough to quinch my thirst for a break.

Friday night turned out to be a longer night than i had expected...i was in a meeting for about four hours going over each and every detail of "A Community Affiar", an awareness and fundraiser event for children in Uganda that I am helping put on [www.exchangeforlife.org]. Although the meeting was long, we got a lot done and I was amazed by how much the Lord has provided. I got home and hit the sack hard, only to get to wake up at 8am for a prayer walk around the Courthouse Grounds and a volunteer meeting (I am the volunteers co-coordinator. yikes!)

Walking around the courthouse and praying for the event coming up next weekend was quite a powerful experience--to know of God's blessing that he will rain down over the event. I came home just in time for my afternoon nap which lasted to dinner! hehe...and then, played some pong with te Velde and watched a movie with Beth. Ah, what a delight it was to catch up with friends.

Sunday, I went to church in the morning, took my nappy, read a bit and ponged it up some more with te Velde. (Much to my chagrin, I lost again).

Monday consisted of sleeping-in, taking some pics around campus, and doing some homework...

No comments: