Flash Required to view this area.

5.15.2009

inspiration & organization.

i got me a new desk the other day. it's an upgrade for sure. especially compared to my little tiny one i had prior. this one has baller status for sure. and it is cool. it inspired me to get all sorts of organized. so after picking out my desk, i perused the aisles of office max for various organizational tools and office supplies. i got me some file folders, fine-point sharpies, and a groovy stapler and tape dispenser. it am stoked about it. i am a "j" after all on the myers briggs type indicator. i get a strange high off of organization and office supply stores. i can spend all day in there. true story.

on a similar note, i have been collecting scraps and such from various magazines for quite some time now. but my friend jasmine star reminded me a while back on her blog about the importance of this. so i decided it was time to bring my a-game to this practice. so, i purchased a folder box specifically for things i like or am inspired by. i was so excited to put some new goodies in there, that i pulled out all of my luxe, gq, and destination wine country magazines and tore out a heap of pages. with my new sharpies, i purposed to note what i like about a particular image or design so that when i need ideas for lighting concepts, poses or wardrobes, i know just where to go...how fun is that? i find that as an artist, i need to actively seek out inspiration and surround myself with good design, fashion, art and photography. it keeps me fresh and alert and keeps those creative juices flowing. if we are constantly producing and not feeding and nourishing ourselves, our wells will run dry. and we can't have that now can we? no, no. i find that when i am constantly seeking out opportunities to learn or be inspired, i produce better photographs. and well, i suppose that is a good thing given that i am a photographer or something. haha.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

JT is DEFINITELY inspiration!! :)

Emily S Crawford said...

I'll trade you a griddle for those tear sheets..... :)

julian moniz said...

J...I think you are awesome man...I completely agree with all of your methods, I do the exact same thing...

Good work man, check out my blog...I'm still working on a few things but you have inspired me even more...I though I was a lil weird doing all the things I do

K. Robyn said...

I really like that stapler photo

Jen May said...

I do the same thing and it's so good to have it! :)