Flash Required to view this area.

3.11.2009

love well.

my friend michele defines heroism as loving well. i like that. and i adore her. she spoke in chapel at westmont on monday about being heroes in our relationships. her talk was profound and insightful. and timely. funny how someone who surrenders herself to being a mouthpiece for the Lord is used in a mighty and powerful way to speak truth and love that edifies and encourages the body.

i was moved by her words, musings and insights into relationship and the life of faith. moved to thought and wonder. and, at several points, tears. she spoke with conviction, grace, humility and elegance. and not only that, but she spoke to me and where i am it my life. how cool is that?

she spoke of the importance of being willing to be vulnerable with each other and allow ourselves to share the "innermost contortions of our souls" with each other. she encouraged us to think of our walks with Christ as not just a journey but, rather, as a collaborative expedition. she asked (and i paraphrase), who is looking for you when you go missing? and are you looking for those who go missing? are you willing to do all that you can to get others in front of Jesus? into the throne room? are you willing to go to all lengths to carry your friends when they need to be carried? and are you heroic enough to allow them to carry you?

as i reflected on her words and shared them with friends at bible study this morning, the lord impressed it upon my heart to read psalm 34. ah, it is such a beautiful passage of scripture. what stuck out to me most was verse 3. "glorify the Lord with me. let us exalt his name together." we are purposed for community. for relationship. and we are called to love well. we are called to be heroes in each others' lives and to get our friends in front of jesus. what a profound calling. and one that we should not take lightly, but rather should be intentional about fulfilling.

thank you michele, for being a hero in my life. thank you for getting me in front of jesus. for calling out the best in me. for being willing to search for me when i go missing. and for loving me well. i would not be the same person i am today if it weren't for your constant encouragement, wisdom, prayers, insights, and words. thank you for collaborating with me in this expedition of faith. you have had a profound impact on my life, and i am so grateful for and blessed by you. thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you this week and for sharing your heart with the body of christ.

(be sure to listen to her talk here).

love (and go) well my friends....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your website thanks to the amazing jasmine star. Gotta love her, even though I've never met her. your work is wonderful and you can truly see your passion behind it. I really wanted to focus on this blog entry. Thank you for your paraphrased words here. The line about putting your friends before Jesus and finding them when they are lost is exactly what I'm going through now. A close friend of mine has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I'm placing her before Jesus. In the mean time my friends are supporting me by placing me before Jesus. Thank you for being vulnerable and being the voice of God reminding me that I'm doing His will right now. May your business be blessed and may you continue to grow in your relationship with Him. Meg