Flash Required to view this area.

9.26.2008

i went all sorts of vivi on it.

a few weeks ago, we had a knarly wind storm. it was intense. it blew over one of our prized aspen trees. this saddened me. a lot. i hate it when trees die. so i thought, "might as well salvage some of its limbs and create a vivi inspired arrangement." i got a little carried away and combed the garden and borders of our property in search of foliage i could use. my dad called me "the weed wacker" because i was harvesting dead things. "it's art man. leave me alone," i protested. so i scattered my palette out on the patio, pirated various containers and vases from around the house, and set out to get all sorts of Vivi on it.

for those of you who don't know, vivi teston is my friend who i met whilst i was working at eye of the day garden design center this summer. we bonded straight away. it is the artist in both of us i suppose. and that she is a wonderful woman. i adore her. and she is an INCREDIBLE floral artist to boot. i would frequently watch her create installations at the store on my lunch break. and we would chat it up about all things art. i miss those moments.

so, with Vivi as my inspiration, i created a piece for my sister's birthday dinner and a few others for around the house. good times. so check em out. and check out vivi's site here. if you ever need floral pieces for anything...weddings, parties, gifts, gallery openings, she will rock your world. seriously, she is fantastic, mad talented, and a delight to work with.

1 comment:

Liane Koh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.