Flash Required to view this area.

11.28.2005

So very thankful!

Finally the long awaited thanksgiving holiday and brief break from school arrived. Ah, it is just what I needed. I was exhausted, burnt out, overwhelmed, and simply not doing too well—I just needed to be home with my family! I needed my house, my large and deliciously feathery bed, my precious dogs, my pure mountain water, my warm, glowing fireplace. I just need some time to relax, spend time with the fam and with old friends, and gather my “bearings and headings.” What a blessing!

For all Shipley’s alike, Granma’s legendary butter-horn roles are the staple of every holiday feast. Without them, such a family gathering would not be the same. My uncle said that if the Shipleys were to have a family crest, there at the center of it would a butter-horn roll. They are the best thing that has ever happened to the Shipleys and to me. They are the most delicious, yummiest, most divine creations in all the earth. And I ate like a dozen at thanksgiving dinner .

I must tell you though that there is a lot of laborious work that goes into the aforementioned rolls. I documented the process from the rolling out of the dough, to they final product. It is an important thing to have on record. Course if you want the recipe you will have to beat it out of me! Or marry into the family! Or become my best friend and then I might, might share…To bad for most of you, eh? Haha! But you can just look upon them and wish that you could have one….muwahaha!

No comments: